Thursday, December 9, 2010

The hearts desire

If I was writing using a pen and paper, I would have started writing by saying "Once again I pick up a paper to pen down my hearts desire". What is this hearts desire? When does it arise? why ? What can be done about it?

The heart has its own reasons which the  mind does not understand, but God has his own ways which the heart does not understand.Why is it, that we desire for something and sometimes end up receiving completely contrary result? Why the heart desires which the others perceive as "OBJECTIONABLE"?
The heart and the mind (brain) always function in the opposite directions, which one should we follow?
Which one is more trustworthy?
You see, so many questions and may be no answers, they are those questions which each one of us have faced so many times in our lives and when we found no answers to them, we said "Let go".
No we cannot let go, so easily. It is time to find out why the hearts desire is usually considered, not so appropriate.
My heart fell in love with some one, is it wrong to fall in love?Or the person was wrong?
My heart felt like persuing a profession,which people feel is "low self esteem", is it wrong to choose a profession which is your passion or is my selection not according to the standards of society?
 My heart feels like doing something for the  poor people, working for them but people say " ISME Paisa NAHI HAI" so is my hearts desire wrong or the idea of social work is ill conceived?

The heart is duty bound to beat till the last breath, it will not stop pounding against  the walls of the circulatory system, so I will say follow the heart, because it is not double minded like the two sides of the brain. It does not confuse you, it only tells you to do, what it wants you to do, so go for it, go for the love of your life, go for the passion of your life and most importantly , GO FOR LIFE, we just have one.

And this reminds me of the words of MARK TWAIN
" Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and NEVER regret anything that made you smile".

No comments:

Post a Comment